How natural is your skincare?
- Cold Process Soap is the authentic and traditional way of producing natural soap. We do things properly, and make each batch by hand in our home. No stage of the manufacture is outsourced.
- We only use natural ingredients which means that our soap bars are free from parabens and SLS.
- We only use natural ingredients like pure essential oils and responsibly-sourced butters and oils. We do not use any chemically-manufactured fragrance oils, colourants, preservatives, or foaming agents.
- All our bars are cured for a full period of six weeks to ensure a hard bar of soap that is safe and gentle on skin.
- Our bars of soap are all vegan-friendly and do not use any animal products
Responsibly-Sourced Palm Oil
We’ve chosen to use certifiable responsibly-sourced palm oil in our soaps to produce a better bar, and to help support marginalised communities who rely on the sustainable farming of palm for their livelihoods. We believe that cutting palm oil out of soap and eliminating demand for this product will have disastrous effects on families who rely on generations of sensible, sustainable farming for their income and wellbeing. All of our palm oil is responsibly sourced from suppliers who support plantations that are regularly and rigorously checked to conform to responsible sourcing legislation and criteria.
We thought long and hard about our packaging and finally decided upon a combination of recycled, recyclable and biodegradable packaging components that are kind to the environment. Each soap is packaged in a protective waxed paper which is made using some recycled fibres, and which can be recycled at specialist centres. It is then wrapped in recyclable kraft wrap, tied with biodegradable string and identified with recyclable tags. Even our stickers are recyclable.
We use Earth-Friendly postage envelopes for shipping out orders (and kraft-wrapped boxes for larger orders), and opt for natural, completely recycled marketing materials.
We’ve tried really hard to find ethical, responsible and green suppliers who share our commitment to the environment.